Part number for intake hose on secondary air pump - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle

Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle General discussion of New Beetle features, problems, and issues.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 04:32 PM

Default Part number for intake hose on secondary air pump

While trying to make room for a battery removal, I broke the air hose between the air filter box and the secondary air injection pump. Anyone able to bring up that part number? I can see it in my eBahn manual...but don't know how to get part numbers out of it.

oh, anyone know if this a low enough pressure item and I can tape or splice the hose together?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2010, 05:24 PM
VW Junky

Car: 1999 GLS 2.sl0w

Oh my,that's an expensive hose,I haven't got the part number,but I've gotta price...

New-50$

Used-35$ ±

Pick & pull-2$ ±

I have experience buying all 3! The one I salvaged at a junkyard was in better shape than the one I bought used! The prices suck...

I'm sorry,I don't have a part number though. I wouldn't splice it,I'd just replace it,I'm a quality guy myself,but as a temporary fix,sure.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:24 PM

Car: 2000 2.0 GLS Super Charged

you don't even need the air pump you can remove the whole thing and your car will never know it was gone just plug up the hole in the air box
Old 02-14-2010, 08:09 PM
GSRBUG

Car: 2014 BEETLE GSR
Smile Part # is...

Back in Jan 2006 I paid $56.64 plus tax, total $60.75

Part # is 1J0-131-128 the description was PIPE

Hope this helps.

Mike

2014 GSR
Old 02-15-2010, 08:21 AM
VW Junky

Car: 1999 GLS 2.sl0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthelight View Post
you don't even need the air pump you can remove the whole thing and your car will never know it was gone just plug up the hole in the air box
Is this true? I can remove the pump assembly without throwing codes? Really?
Old 02-15-2010, 04:49 PM

shouldn't! give it a try and find out if it does. if it does then put it back on all the air pump does is supply extra air to your intake alot of vw's owners remove em
Old 02-16-2010, 01:18 AM
New Beetle Accessories

Car: 1998 New Beetle, 2003 Eurovan, 1978 Superbeetle Convertible, 1979 Westfalia, 2002 New Beetle

If you unplug the air pump you will throw a code and the CEL will come on.

If your pump seizes up or if the pump seal is compromised you will throw a code.

If any of the hoses are removed or if you have a leaky hose you will throw a code.

Some NB's came with SAIP's and some did not - I'm not sure what the rhyme or reason was. But, if you have a fully operational VAG-COM, there is a way to change the computer coding from a pump equipped car to a non-pump equipped car.

The secondary air injection pump provides fresh air to the catalytic converter on cold start-ups to lessen the CO emissions.
Volkswagen Club of America

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Crown Royal in one hand - Cigar in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Kick Ass Ride!"
Old 02-16-2010, 01:25 AM
New Beetle Accessories

Car: 1998 New Beetle, 2003 Eurovan, 1978 Superbeetle Convertible, 1979 Westfalia, 2002 New Beetle

2001 Volkswagen Jetta air injection hose : eBay Motors (item 350248256319 end time Mar-02-10 09:43:07 PST)
Old 02-16-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGSTUFF View Post
If you unplug the air pump you will throw a code and the CEL will come on.

If your pump seizes up or if the pump seal is compromised you will throw a code.

If any of the hoses are removed or if you have a leaky hose you will throw a code.

Some NB's came with SAIP's and some did not - I'm not sure what the rhyme or reason was. But, if you have a fully operational VAG-COM, there is a way to change the computer coding from a pump equipped car to a non-pump equipped car.

The secondary air injection pump provides fresh air to the catalytic converter on cold start-ups to lessen the CO emissions.
well i removed mine 2 years ago and it hasn't came on yet so i don't think it will plus when i took it off it unplugged from the intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.