VW Beetle Forum banner

Cabin air filter...change it....look what I had.

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Opelmania 
#1 ·
First off BIG THANKS to the picture and detailed instructions I found on this site by salsa_man. Its very easy to do, the only problem I had was my own when I slipped with a screw driver and scratched the cover bad, that I was taken off first. :mad: Anyway on my 99, this is what I found at 57,000 miles. Click the link to see sticks and leaves in a big wad ontop of the filter. It was so bad, the foam dash seals and insulation was being sucked down into it from the fan below. I bought the filter from the dealer since it was the same price as parts stores.

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL456/2697814/5391913/401520563.jpg

#2 ·
Miles don't always matter. That's 13 years on that filter if its original. Not surprised to see all that!

#6 ·
Agreed. Mine pretty much looked like that too and I don't know if it had been changed ever. :D

I spent a good part of one afternoon tearing my dash apart to change the cabin filter. It was pretty clean, for a 10 year old car, and I was surprised.

Yesterday, I was looking at the paperwork that came with my NB, service records and such, and saw that the filter was replaced shorty before I bought it. So, no wonder it was pretty clean. I just wish I had just read that service page BEFORE I did it..... :anon:
And it took you a while to get the guts to do it too. ;) :lol: Oh well. Now you are pro at doing it for the next time. :D

#3 ·
Good lord oh beetle, you gotta tree growing in there with a village of aboriginees lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
I spent a good part of one afternoon tearing my dash apart to change the cabin filter. It was pretty clean, for a 10 year old car, and I was surprised.

Yesterday, I was looking at the paperwork that came with my NB, service records and such, and saw that the filter was replaced shorty before I bought it. So, no wonder it was pretty clean. I just wish I had just read that service page BEFORE I did it..... :anon:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.