VW Beetle Forum banner

"If your crazy and you know it shake your meds"

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  TechnoTrix'd 
#1 ·
I'm Albies husband. Instead of buying Lisa another pick up truck, I decided to get her a new beetle because I would of wound up dragging her new pick up out on a job, again leaving her without wheels but with an attitude. So I thought buying a beetle would be safe. WRONG! THE FREAKIN BUG BACKFIRED AND BIT ME! Now I'm infected like the rest of you that 3 months ago I thought were inflicted with mild psychological disorders. Not a debilitating disorder but rather the kind of "touch" that gives you the compulsion to sing "If your crazy and you know it, shake your meds!", while walking around the local Bug Show.

Lisa knows me pretty well, so in order to further her insanity and her own selfish desires to pimp her ride she decided to introduce me to you guys. She knows I enjoy air cools so to keep me buying one, she made sure to introduce me to Jason from Carcierge. This is like sending a guy with all the precursors for alcoholism to Mardi Gra with a pocket full of money, a fist full of beads and a pair of boob-oculars around his neck.

Since meeting Jason "The Dub Pimper" Lisa has covertly convinced me that her new rag top, tinted windows and new 20" wheels was all my idea. Now, after about a half dozen grouper sandwiches (likely laced with ludicrous-ity) and a million laughs with "The Dub Pimper" I find myself singing and shaking my new med bottle while plotting where I'm gonna find the funds for air bags, the kind of stereo system a pimple faced 17 yr old would kill for, blue suede accented interior and a speed dial button for my shrink. All for a car that I'm not allowed to sit behind the steering wheel.

I haven't decided if I'm lucky to be hanging out with a group that understands my plight, or if newbeetle.org is really an alias for stepford-vw-owners.cult. With all this being said, we decided were officially naming Lisa's car, "Bug Bite". Since being bitten, were having a great time with y'all and with the car so keep shaking your bottles and see you at the next GTG.

Here are some pics of the "Dub Pimper Crew", my wife and Bug Bite.

Steve

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Volkswagen new beetle

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Welcome to the addiction. We've all been bit in one way or another. Our support group only seems to feed the addiction.

#3 ·
Now you know how we all feel - it's called N.B.A.D!(*) :lol:

Love your story. We're ALL bit, too! (Just look at MY sig! :eek: )

(*)New Beetle Affective Disorder

(I moved your thread from the Member Photo forum - no one can reply there!)

#6 ·
Glad to see you have made a profile for yourself too. I am so super jelly of all you've been able to do with Bug Bite. Can't wait to see all that work in person. If I only had the cash I would be pimping Iggy out big time too. Eventually I will be allowed. I merely mentioned that I liked a set of rims I saw in the parking lot at work to my hubby last night and he went ballistic about me spending that kind of money on a car...I hadn't even mentioned buying rims, just liking a set I saw...lol. I guess that means my pimping days are quite a ways off. You are such a good hubby for doing this for wifey :cool: (can I marry you too? Just until I get Iggy pimped up and then you can leave me and get your air breather ;)).

#8 ·
I was a huge fan of the new beetle when it came out in 1998 but I never saw myself buying one until I was 17 and test drove one for the fun of it and I became addicted to these cars. In total I have had/have four beetles. 2001(caught on fire last may, 2003 that my brother traded in for a 2008 triple white beetle and I have a 2006 gray convertible.)Just love the way these cars drive.

#9 ·
Oh Steve...........

Letting your lovely wife own, drive, and pimp out that car was a huge mistake. I suggest a food taster be with you at all times. You never know what she is going to slip into your Salisbury Steak and the next thing you know is you have air Bags and newly chipped monster in the driveway!

I wish we could get all these gorgeous hyper thyroidal Beetle monsters out to Roswell and let the Left Coasties see that us Florida folk are equally infected with the Beetle Modding flu as they are.

The top and wheels are stunning. I am jealous as hell. Once I get my laser death ray miniaturized I will be able to join the elite New Beetle/Beetle Modifying Maniacs!

Chuckie

#11 ·
Not many.....

During that Roswell weekend, the city becomes infested with New Beetles from California. There are some amazing specimens there. Some of them can jump off the ground, Others can out run a fighter plane.

Most of them are pretty cool folks who you would have a great time hanging with. We had a ball last time we went.

Definitely worth the drive and the week off of work to do it.

Eggy would would have some competition for once! It is a judged show with all sorts of stuff going on.

I plan on winning the Hot Wheels competition myself!

Chuckie

#12 ·
It's more sinister than just food poisoning. I woke in the middle of the night to the noise of my wife's supposed sleeping. She swears she was never awake. BUT, I never remember her snoring before and oddly, the first time I catch her snoring it sounded like this. (Inhaling) airrrrr (exhaling) bagggs; airrrr, bagggs. Her snoring kept me awake so to put myself asleep I was weirdly drawn to the vw vortex web site on my iPad and i was strangely mesmerized with the "air bag how to link". After snapping out of the trance and convincing myself, this is a pretty difficult job for my skills and was just a bad dream, Jason's voice mysteriously starts whispering these dreaded words into my head "I gotchu, DUDE, I gotchu". I'm really not sure what happened next. Maybe, I just went back to sleep or I was sleep walking because weirdly I could not find my wallet this morning. Either I misplaced it or I hid it from the vw vortex "buy now" button on their website, while sleepwalking. Because of being stricken with fear, I have been unable to check my bank account to see if any large purchases happened at 2:45 am today. Not being able to face these fears, I plan on waiting 3 to 5 business days and hiding behind the bushes for the UPS truck to drive by my house. The feeling is kind of like not knowing if your wife is pregnant. Once the bundle of joy is here, you have to love it and accept it. Right?

#13 ·
Oh Dude!

I hate to say it my friend, But if a friend can't tell you something like this then no one can.

You are beyond the self medication point.

I think the only thing that can save your wallet and sanity is immediate restraint at one of the many fine institutions that are located around the country.

Your wife snoring out subliminal commands is a pretty common occurrence for a married male, however, hearing Jason's voice in your dreams is highly disturbing, and as I have found, can only be displaced by repeated blunt force trauma to the head region.

I have pounded my head against many a rock to get him outta my thoughts. It was the only thing that worked for me.

Before you do check into the institution, Just send your wallet to me for safe keeping...........

Chuckie

#14 ·
Thanks for mentioning "chipped" in your previous post. Thought you were my friend. She doesn't know what chipped means and eventually she's gonna pick up on the meaning of chipped, start asking questions and eventually start snoring "chip the bagged bug; chip the bagged bug". So please keep this word out of your vocabulary and what ever you do don't mention it to Jason.

#18 ·
:roflmao:

Seriously though...I'm with Chuckie. If you are having dreams that involve Jason talking to you then you deffo need to sign yourself into a treatment center like right stat now!!!

BTW...I'm still green with envy/jealousy. I want Iggy pimped. When she grows up I want her to look as good as Jason and Lisa's do.

P.S. Lisa...shoot me a text and I'll tell you aaaaall about chiping :)

#19 ·
Well you have a NB legend standing right next to you in those photo's, Jason is "DA MAN"!!!!!!!!!!! And Eggy is just the most amazing Beetle that I have ever seen in person. Wish I had that vision and talent to make things happen like Jason.

My wife is very happy that 7 states separate the two of us, otherwise my kids college funds would all be inside of Pepe right now.

If Jason say's it can be done, then don't look back, just do it and enjoy the end result's.

Love the rims and top as well (dang, 20"?? wow). Car is looking great, hope you two can make it to TOD this year. Would be great to see the car in person and a chance to meet you guy's.

Anyone who is crazy enough to hang with Jason, is someone that I have to meet.

Keep the pics coming..:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.