Unlearn a remote fob - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle

Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle General discussion of New Beetle features, problems, and issues.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 04:53 AM

Australia
Default Unlearn a remote fob

So I did something silly today.

I have two Beetles with different remote styles (rounded buttons one and the more common vw square one).

I decided to see if I could get the older car to use the newer style remote off the other car. Yes it works! Old car had no problem learning the new remote.

But now I have a remote that can unlock both cars. I only want it to unlock one car. How do I "unlearn" the remote fob from one car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 02:25 PM

You might find this useful:

mk4 and B5 Remote Learning with VCDS by Ross Tech - YouTube

Adaptation 00 will clear all remotes.

If you have manual crank windows, then you would scan address 35 Central Locking instead of 46, but still go into Adaptation channel 00 to clear learned remote values.

OEM Wheel Database....
http://www.4130-products.com/wheels

5052 @ $8000 = total crap
VAG COM @ $350 = sanity
Old 11-29-2012, 03:32 PM

Australia

Thank you!

Hopefully that does the trick. It's really annoying when I unlock both cars at the same time.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:21 AM

I've got 3 cars on the same key and remote. It is great, I always have the correct key when I go out.

If you disarm the alarm (unlock doors with remote), but don't open up the car, the alarm will rearm and lock the doors after 1 minute.

The remote has no clue about anything.... you could set up 1 remote to lock/unlock 100 cars at the same time, remote don't care.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikk View Post
So I did something silly today.

I have two Beetles with different remote styles (rounded buttons one and the more common vw square one).

I decided to see if I could get the older car to use the newer style remote off the other car. Yes it works! Old car had no problem learning the new remote.

But now I have a remote that can unlock both cars. I only want it to unlock one car. How do I "unlearn" the remote fob from one car?
hello mate.. i'm a newbie! i think thats a pretty annoying situation.. why dont you try doing this following steps i found for your key fobs..

Remote control erasing

1997 or later

Switch ignition on and leave the key in the ignition
Lock the vehicle by using a manual key from driverís door
Press he remote control lock button 5 times within 1 second intervals. The horn should sound or the indicators flash
After 6 seconds press the unlock button once to activate memory erase
Switch ignition off

i hope it works and helps! if not try going to the page and see more here Volkswagen

cheers mates!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.