New Club - North Country Water Beetles - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Community > Event Announcements and Planning > USA: Midwest

USA: Midwest IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NB, OH

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:05 AM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Exclamation New Club - North Country Water Beetles

The main thread is in the North Central forum.

With that said, I would like to introduce you to the New Beetle+ club I started, with inspiration from Pat(Pushing Fifty). We call ourselves the North Country Water Beetles. We are primarily centered around the Twin Cities in Minnesota, but because New Beetle+ owners who want/like to get together with other owners are so few in between, I blew it up to include Minnesota, South Dakota, Iowa and Wisconsin. We are planning on holding GTG's in a different state each month or so, also we are planning several charitable GTG's like Toys for Tots and a Trunk or Treat along with some short weekend Cruises.

I encourage you to check out the website for more info. Home Page

__________________
Talimena Scenic Drive 2014

Last edited by mattyd2009; 12-28-2012 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Member Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location:
Eau Claire, WI, USA
Car: 2000 GLS Cyber Green, 2010 S Candy White
Default

Dustin: I created an account over there but it won't let me log in yet. As a writer, I'm thinking about doing feature stories and articles about our events on the site, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-30-2012, 01:48 AM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing Fifty View Post
Dustin: I created an account over there but it won't let me log in yet. As a writer, I'm thinking about doing feature stories and articles about our events on the site, too.
Sure. I will check out your account.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Member Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location:
Eau Claire, WI, USA
Car: 2000 GLS Cyber Green, 2010 S Candy White
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd2009 View Post
Sure. I will check out your account.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Yep, I created a username (Pat) and password and it keeps saying my login failed. Unless...it's because I didn't use a symbol like #, !, or @ in my password. I did combine letters and numbers, though.

We need to decide where to meet and where to eat when the day is over. I would think one of the dealerships is where we could start the day. It's possible that I'll be in my Passat to see how much a place will show me against a Beetle. However, I'm thinking about checking some out next Wednesday, the 5th, as well. I've been searching on Autotrader and Cars.com. I typically avoid independent dealers like "Billy's Auto Sales" and only look at name-brand dealerships. Indys generally get the junk that major dealers farm out, and I figure if they say something like, "No Credit? Bad Credit? No problem!" this is a dead giveaway that they sell crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 12:32 AM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing Fifty View Post
Yep, I created a username (Pat) and password and it keeps saying my login failed. Unless...it's because I didn't use a symbol like #, !, or @ in my password. I did combine letters and numbers, though.

We need to decide where to meet and where to eat when the day is over. I would think one of the dealerships is where we could start the day. It's possible that I'll be in my Passat to see how much a place will show me against a Beetle. However, I'm thinking about checking some out next Wednesday, the 5th, as well. I've been searching on Autotrader and Cars.com. I typically avoid independent dealers like "Billy's Auto Sales" and only look at name-brand dealerships. Indys generally get the junk that major dealers farm out, and I figure if they say something like, "No Credit? Bad Credit? No problem!" this is a dead giveaway that they sell crap.
Alright your account is active. It was set for manually approve members instead of auto. I understand about the indy dealers. Scary places. I bought my last SUV from one, the guy couldnt tell me anything about it. I asked him about things that didnt work, and he got a puzzled look on his face. I ended up buying it. For dinner, I was told the Cracker Barrel was a good place. It is off 494 somewhere! HA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Member Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location:
Eau Claire, WI, USA
Car: 2000 GLS Cyber Green, 2010 S Candy White
Default

Oh yeah, Craker Barrels have great food. Down home cooking, very similar to the Machine Shed where we ate. I'm sure we could find it, and there's probably more than one. There is a Beetle I'm interested in at Tousley Ford in White Bear Lake that I may look at on Wednesday. 2004 Platinum Gray GLS 2.0 auto, 31,000 miles for $9455. The only thing is that it looks like there's a big honking scratch on the rear bumper. That would cost about $600 to re-finish. If I like everything else, though, I may see if they'll either repaint it at their cost, knock $600 off the price, or show me $600 more than KBB for my Passat. Then there would be the issue of a timing belt...It may only have 31,000 miles, but if it's never been changed, that rubber is 9 years old! So we'll see. There's also some BMW dealer in Burnsville with a 2010 Candy White for $14,991, and it has miles in the 30s, too. It's $5500 more, but it's also 6 years newer and has a timing chain.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 06:04 AM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing Fifty View Post
Oh yeah, Craker Barrels have great food. Down home cooking, very similar to the Machine Shed where we ate. I'm sure we could find it, and there's probably more than one. There is a Beetle I'm interested in at Tousley Ford in White Bear Lake that I may look at on Wednesday. 2004 Platinum Gray GLS 2.0 auto, 31,000 miles for $9455. The only thing is that it looks like there's a big honking scratch on the rear bumper. That would cost about $600 to re-finish. If I like everything else, though, I may see if they'll either repaint it at their cost, knock $600 off the price, or show me $600 more than KBB for my Passat. Then there would be the issue of a timing belt...It may only have 31,000 miles, but if it's never been changed, that rubber is 9 years old! So we'll see. There's also some BMW dealer in Burnsville with a 2010 Candy White for $14,991, and it has miles in the 30s, too. It's $5500 more, but it's also 6 years newer and has a timing chain.....
WOAH, That 2010 is HOTT! But that 2004 does have heated seats! I guess it would be a tough choice. The 2010 has almost 70,000 before the timing chain needs to be replaced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Member Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location:
Eau Claire, WI, USA
Car: 2000 GLS Cyber Green, 2010 S Candy White
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd2009 View Post
WOAH, That 2010 is HOTT! But that 2004 does have heated seats! I guess it would be a tough choice. The 2010 has almost 70,000 before the timing chain needs to be replaced.
This is going to sound dumb, but I didn't know timing chains EVER had to be replaced. That's why I was favoring 06s and later. If that's the case, I'll likely go for the cheaper asking price. Also, I was in error: That White Bug is in Bloomington, not Burnsville. I'll contribute to the new website later this evening because I have to work a weird afternoon shift today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 06:47 PM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing Fifty View Post
This is going to sound dumb, but I didn't know timing chains EVER had to be replaced. That's why I was favoring 06s and later. If that's the case, I'll likely go for the cheaper asking price. Also, I was in error: That White Bug is in Bloomington, not Burnsville. I'll contribute to the new website later this evening because I have to work a weird afternoon shift today.
Yeah. Timing chains need to be changed, just not as frequent. Yeah, I punched in the dealer and it popped up Bloomington.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 06:57 PM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd2009 View Post
Yeah. Timing chains need to be changed, just not as frequent. Yeah, I punched in the dealer and it popped up Bloomington.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
But they are designed to last the life of the motor. So a good 10 years, but i am sure it drives the water pump so you might need that in about 60k... The 2010 is supposed to have a better chain, the 05-07 were prone to failure prematurely. Either way they're beautiful rides.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Member Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location:
Eau Claire, WI, USA
Car: 2000 GLS Cyber Green, 2010 S Candy White
Default

I still can't log in to the NCNBC site.........It keeps saying it failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 11:30 PM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing Fifty View Post
I still can't log in to the NCNBC site.........It keeps saying it failed.
Not sure what to tell you. Hmmm It says your status is active, I cant change your account settings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 01:30 AM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Default

I have been putting some thought into this, and I have decided to not develop the .org webpage any further. Maybe some time down the road I can develop a better working site, or pay to have someone do it. The paid site wont let members post to the photo gallery, photos to the forum, or have a member updated blog. So, I am going to stay with the free site at northcountrynbc.webs.com. The name is long but in the short term it will be better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 03:35 AM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Default

I also added Nebraska to the list. Its a little far, but it will help increase our population. I went ahead and created some NCWB events. Time and date to be determined. These are not set in stone, just some ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:29 PM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Default

I created a gtg for next spring. Its a spring cleaning meet and Greet set for next march. We would get together clean and detail our cars, find a park and grill. We can introduce ourselves and our cars. As for location, i was thinking about Luverne, Minnesota. Its in the south west part of the state, or somewhere along I90? Like a weekend deal. Open to ideas.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Member Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location:
Eau Claire, WI, USA
Car: 2000 GLS Cyber Green, 2010 S Candy White
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd2009 View Post
I created a gtg for next spring. Its a spring cleaning meet and Greet set for next march. We would get together clean and detail our cars, find a park and grill. We can introduce ourselves and our cars. As for location, i was thinking about Luverne, Minnesota. Its in the south west part of the state, or somewhere along I90? Like a weekend deal. Open to ideas.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
If you're talking about the 3rd weekend in March, I'm scheduled to work, but I'm sure I could request PTO, as I get about 4-5 weeks off a year. I was successful in logging in to the free site, so, I'll be adding stuff very soon. One of us should PM Aplseed to let her know about this. Also, it would be quite the cruise for Randi, but you never know. She might be able to come.......I told a co-worker that owns a Black 98 NB, and maybe I could get her interested, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2012, 08:28 PM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing Fifty View Post
If you're talking about the 3rd weekend in March, I'm scheduled to work, but I'm sure I could request PTO, as I get about 4-5 weeks off a year. I was successful in logging in to the free site, so, I'll be adding stuff very soon. One of us should PM Aplseed to let her know about this. Also, it would be quite the cruise for Randi, but you never know. She might be able to come.......I told a co-worker that owns a Black 98 NB, and maybe I could get her interested, too.
Ok, I can change the date. No problems! Way ahead of you on Aplseed, I shot her a PM last week... havent heard back yet. Hopefully soon. Randi should come, we drove all that way for her!:P Thats great with your co-worker, the more the merrier!

BTW, I made you a Moderator on the website, so you can post to the Blog, under the news section.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:33 AM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Default

Alright, its been too long since I last updated this. NCWB is having our Christmas GTG in Eau Claire, on January 26th. If anyone from Iowa wants to join you are more than welcome.

Our Iowa meet will be either February or April! I would like to hold our Meet and Greet sometime in April, somewhere in the Des Moines area!

If any Iowans have ideas for a short summer GTG please let me know, her or on the site!

Again the site is: North Country Water Beetles and you can also find us on Facebook by searching North Country Water Beetles!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 AM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Default

A couple GTG's planned. January 26th in Eau Claire, WI. We are going up to Lake Wissota for dinner, and hang out, and chat!!

Also, February 16-17, in Des Moines IA. We will be eating at the Machine Shed. Photo ops, before and after, time on Sunday aswell!


The following dates will be updated asap!
March will be either cancelled, or in the Twin Cities! It is my birthday month, I may not be able to afford a party and a GTG, or we can combine the B-day and GTG into one... deets to come!

April, will be in Iowa. Picnic planned, camping???

May, post TOD GTG in Eau Claire.

June, post R2R in Des Moines!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2013, 01:13 AM
mattyd2009's Avatar
Apprentice Org-aholic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location:
Litchfield, MN, USA
Car: 2002 1.8t Double Yellow Color Concept
Default

Everyone is invited to our February GTG in Des Moines Iowa!!

I plan on arriving in Des Moines about 2pm. Our base hotel will be Days Inn, West Des Moines Clive.
We will meet up at 3pm, for intros and reacquaint ourselves, and photos.
At 5pm, we will head on over to the Machine Shed on Hickman Road in Urbandale.
At 7, we can find a great night shot, or we can call it a night, or hang out at our hotel.
Sunday, we can meet up for lunch, winter shot of some covered bridges, or some other photo op, hang out before we all head home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seriously considering trying to start a water-cooled Beetle club, er well, a group, a Pushing Fifty The New Beetle Experience 30 12-03-2012 10:15 PM
Here in Ford Country... mloeks76 Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle 13 03-04-2010 07:24 PM
What Country are you from? alexdundee Miscellaneous Hoo-Ha Archive 20 01-11-2006 04:41 PM

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:51 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2