chiming sound - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle

Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle General discussion of New Beetle features, problems, and issues.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 09:06 PM

Default chiming sound

Why is bell chiming when the car is started? There is know lights on or warning lights on the dash, the seat belt is connectted all doors shut. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 PM

Do all your warning lights test on for the normal "bulb check" when you first turn the ignition on? Airbag light? Check engine light? Seat Belt reminder light? Turn signal blinker fluid level warning light?

OEM Wheel Database....
http://www.4130-products.com/wheels

5052 @ $8000 = total crap
VAG COM @ $350 = sanity
Old 12-14-2012, 01:06 PM

yes as far as I can tell everything comes on and nothing stays lit when the car is running. This all started after the car would not start it wouldn't even turn over. I had the starter checked and it was good, then I replaced the starter switch and still nothing, from there I replaced the starer relay # 175 still nothing. So I did a little investigating on the relay and if I put a jumper on the one comming from the stater switch and then into the one to the starter I could start the car with no problems so I left the car running and put the relay back on and took the car up to get the codes pulled I shut the car off when I got there and when I went to leave and the car started without putting the jumper in....so now I'm very puzzled and wondering if there is an electrical issue.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Ali's Dad

Car: 2003 NBC 1.8T Aqua

What type of bug are you driving? Convertible? 1.8turbo, 2.0 etc..and year. This info will help diagnose.
My car - 2006 Honda Accord EXL V6 - 143K.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:51 PM

sorry it's a 2001...2.0 gas, not a convertible.

Last edited by water dr; 12-15-2012 at 01:40 PM..
Old 12-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Ali's Dad

Car: 2003 NBC 1.8T Aqua

Not an electrical wiz on the bug just yet, but some basic problem solving indicates it might just be the ignition switch. Seems to me that the bell is the sound that chimes when the door is opened and the key is still in the ignition. Might just be that the ignition switch is connected incorrectly - or is bad. Again, no level of expertise here..but that is where i would start -especially as you mentioned it was recently replaced?
Old 12-16-2012, 06:20 PM

Thanks for the reply. I will check the switch to make sure that it was put back in right. But from what I remember is that it can only go in one way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.