anyone else have skin that hates them? - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Community > Miscellaneous Hoo-Ha

Miscellaneous Hoo-Ha Chit-chat of all types...not necessarily Volkswagen or Beetle related. Have fun and keep it clean!

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 AM
<---- not a boy.

Car: 2001 1.8T, slaughtermatic.
Default anyone else have skin that hates them?

I don't know what the deal is, but my skin absolutely hates me. Adult acne, when it heals I'm left with hyperpigmentation and light scarring. Add some mild rosacea on top, and you've got my face.

Odd, but can anyone share any tips you might have? I'm a total junkie with anything hair or makeup.

I've recently started the oil cleansing method and so far I'm having increbible results. (Washing my face with oil sounded absurd at first, since EVERYTHING makes me break out. But its seriously working magic!)

I've also thrown my shampoo out and traded it for conditioner only. I've luckily always had gorgeous, healthy hair but wanted to try something different. (I guess beautiful hair almost makes up for my crappy skin lol!) Conditioner only has also been working amazingly well. It also sounds totally nuts but after researching a bit I gave in and so far so good!

I just thought I'd share in case anyone is struggling like I am with these issues. Its worth a shot if you're like me and have got nothing to lose. I couldn't afford to spend hundreds of dollars a month on hair and skin products, so I've made a vow this year to find cheaper alternatives that WORK. And I'm done with battering my poor skin with chemicals. Well, except for Ziana, which I'm currently on. Its also great if anyone wants any advice. I'm pretty knowledgeable about retinoids, excellent for acne, wrinkles, dark spots, scarring, you name it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
I would go off the deep end if some dingbat hurt my baby Dive Bomber. After Wifey had me bailed out of jail for skinning the assailant alive and wearing her flesh as a hat for a couple days, I would have to drink about 4 cases of beer for the impending war with the insurance goons who charge the same for ins. on a 2002 model as they do for a B One Three.
You are a better man than I my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 04:16 PM
5/23/10 <3

Car: 1999 Techno Blue GL 2.0 5-speed (RIP), 1984 Jetta GL TD, 2003 20th GTI

Girl, you are so not alone. I think my biggest problem right now is scarring on my face from years of acne and my still problematic bacne (which I hate to admit that I have). My face has started to clear up in the past year pretty well. I have been trying to stay consistent with my face washing - I use Clearasil acne scrub, and I use Burt's Bees makeup remover cloths if I don't shower before bed and its seemed to really help (both for removing makeup but also helping my oily skin). But my back...I can't seem to find anything to really help it I've used acne body washes and it did nothing. I now use Dove Sensitive Skin wash and it seems to be a little better, but its still a problem. Ugh. I just wish that I could be done with this. I'm in my mid 20's!

I need some guidance on that, but also good ways to cover up/heal scarring. I need to get better using moisturizers I know. I was using Aveeno skin clearing moisturizer for awhile and it seemed to help with the scarring too. But I slacked off.

If you have moved to just conditioner, let me recommend looking into Wen. That stuff is awesome! Its not cheap unfortunately, and I have thick hair so I use a lot when I do use it. But I *try* to use it once a week and it really helps my hair a lot. My mom swears by it now. My dad is even using it sometimes! It really helps to cleanse your hair really well and makes it soft and smooth and cuts back on the oil. It seems to hang out in my hair for a few days so I can use my regular shampoo the rest of the week and its still in good shape.
The money saver:2001 Jetta TDI GL. 132k. Dead auto, swapped to 3 pedals. Hubby's DD and our trip car
Old 01-14-2013, 10:11 PM
<---- not a boy.

Car: 2001 1.8T, slaughtermatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Girl, you are so not alone. I think my biggest problem right now is scarring on my face from years of acne and my still problematic bacne (which I hate to admit that I have). My face has started to clear up in the past year pretty well. I have been trying to stay consistent with my face washing - I use Clearasil acne scrub, and I use Burt's Bees makeup remover cloths if I don't shower before bed and its seemed to really help (both for removing makeup but also helping my oily skin). But my back...I can't seem to find anything to really help it I've used acne body washes and it did nothing. I now use Dove Sensitive Skin wash and it seems to be a little better, but its still a problem. Ugh. I just wish that I could be done with this. I'm in my mid 20's!

I need some guidance on that, but also good ways to cover up/heal scarring. I need to get better using moisturizers I know. I was using Aveeno skin clearing moisturizer for awhile and it seemed to help with the scarring too. But I slacked off.

If you have moved to just conditioner, let me recommend looking into Wen. That stuff is awesome! Its not cheap unfortunately, and I have thick hair so I use a lot when I do use it. But I *try* to use it once a week and it really helps my hair a lot. My mom swears by it now. My dad is even using it sometimes! It really helps to cleanse your hair really well and makes it soft and smooth and cuts back on the oil. It seems to hang out in my hair for a few days so I can use my regular shampoo the rest of the week and its still in good shape.
I totally forgot about this thread haha I've been so busy! I'm afraid I'm not much help with acne elsewhere, I never really had that problem strangely. I've pretty much given up trying to hide scarring, and instead I'm attempting to get rid of it. I've been using retinoids at night and a vitamin C serum during the day. So far I'm thinking the retinoid (vitamin A) and vitamin C work extremely well together. The vitamin C serum seems to keep me from peeling and being red and sun-sensitive from the retinoid, as well as stimulating healthy skin cell turnover.. basically it boosts the effectiveness of a retinoid and minimizes undesirable effects too. If seeing a dermatologist is an option for you, I'd definitely try it.

Funny you mentioned Wen, I actually have 2 different kinds of it. I have fig and coconut mango something lol. I actually cannot STAND the smell of the fig one, and I can't wait till it's gone haha. It grosses me out. But luckily it doesn't linger once I've dried my hair. I only wash my hair once a week, which probably sounds terrible BUT I've been doing that for the past few years, so my hair has adapted to it. It never gets greasy. (That doesn't mean I only shower once a week haha! I just put my hair in a bun and shower! Just had to clarify!) People don't seem to realize washing your hair every day is terrible for it. They say if they don't wash it every day, it gets greasy. Well, that's because you're stripping your hair of natural oils that keep it healthy, so your scalp goes into oil production overdrive to keep up with what you wash away every day. Oil is not the enemy. If it was, our body would not produce it. I got my coworker hooked on my method, her fine hair would get super greasy after one day. So I had her wash it once or twice a week with a baking soda & water paste, and a rinse with apple cider vinegar, and bam. After a few weeks, her scalp stopped producing so much oil. Well, it's the same concept for your skin, and I don't know why I never realized that before. The more harsh chemicals you use to get all the oil off your face, the more oil your face will produce.

I've had excellent results with using oil to wash my face. Geez, I probably sound like a crazy hippie lol. My skin is so much softer, less oily in some places and dry in others.. it's just great. I also learned a lot of ingredients in shampoo irritate the skin on your scalp, face, and back. So that may contribute to your problem? I tried aveeno on my face a long time ago, and it burned so bad! I stopped using that, anything that burns probably is too harsh lol. I love their oatmeal powder though, I use it in my bath during the winter when my skin gets itchy.

As far as moisturizers go, I've tried a million of them. Lately I've been paying attention to ingredients, as I'm starting to dabble in making my own skincare products. I can recommend several, just depends on your skin type, how easily you break out, if you wear makeup/what kind of makeup, but mostly your budget. Right now I'm using First Aid Beauty (or FAB for short) ultra repair cream. It's thick, but I need something thick while I'm using my prescription stuff. It supposedly has stuff to fight free radicals and protect your skin's natural barrier.. I dunno about all that. It's mid-range on the price scale but it seems to be working well with the rest of my routine. I haven't decided if I want to repurchase yet. I am in love with FAB's 10 minute oatmeal mask though, seriously. I bought a gift set so I could try a couple of their products, being new to the brand. I'm impressed so far, I'm just unsure if it's worth the money. (I'm pretty poor haha!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.