1999 beetle plug in question - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle

Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle General discussion of New Beetle features, problems, and issues.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 12:19 PM

Default 1999 beetle plug in question

My wife has a 1999 beetle it,s still in really good shape with only 140,000 km on it my question is it is a gas engine and im in canada is there ablock heather on this car to plug in in at night if so where would it be??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 01:20 PM

Car: 1999 GL 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by musky View Post
My wife has a 1999 beetle it,s still in really good shape with only 140,000 km on it my question is it is a gas engine and im in canada is there ablock heather on this car to plug in in at night if so where would it be??
As far as I know there are no OEM block heaters on the Beetles. If you have one it would be aftermarket. Are you having troubles with starting it in cold weather?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:39 PM

This might be what you are looking for:

FrostHeater.com - Welcome

I've got these on my 04 TDI wagons, worth every penny on a cold morning.

OEM Wheel Database....
http://www.4130-products.com/wheels

5052 @ $8000 = total crap
VAG COM @ $350 = sanity
Old 01-23-2013, 08:07 PM

Car: 1998 Yellow New Beetle TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by red99 View Post
As far as I know there are no OEM block heaters on the Beetles. If you have one it would be aftermarket. Are you having troubles with starting it in cold weather?
If the vehicle was sold in Canada it would have included a block heater and possibly a battery warmer. My 98 included both of these.

These are a dealer installed options, I'm sure in the northern US states the dealers also included these options. These would have been covered under the warranty as dealer options I think.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 PM
5/23/10 <3

Car: 1999 Techno Blue GL 2.0 5-speed (RIP), 1984 Jetta GL TD, 2003 20th GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitz View Post
If the vehicle was sold in Canada it would have included a block heater and possibly a battery warmer. My 98 included both of these.
Yours is a TDI though right? The OP has a gasser so it may not have been as standard. But I'm not sure. I don't hear of block heaters used in the gassers nearly like I do diesels.
The money saver:2001 Jetta TDI GL. 132k. Dead auto, swapped to 3 pedals. Hubby's DD and our trip car
Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 AM

Car: '03 Vert GLX 1.8t 6 speed Tip

Powerblanket Engine Heater 31" x 70" - Amazon.com

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200339137_200339137?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Auto%20Accessories-_-Engine%20Heaters%20%2B%20Blankets-_-174050&ci_sku=174050&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}&gc lid=CJPFvfj1_7QCFU-d4AodAQcAFg

Wolverine Heaters - The Most Trusted Engine Oil Heater For Cold-Weather Starts
Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 AM

Car: 1998 Yellow New Beetle TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Yours is a TDI though right? The OP has a gasser so it may not have been as standard. But I'm not sure. I don't hear of block heaters used in the gassers nearly like I do diesels.
It would be standard to install a block heater here. I don't think I've ever seen a car in Canada that doesn't have a plug to keep the block warm in winter. Sometimes they're attached to the oil pan I think, and we also have battery blankets to keep the battery from freezing and breaking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.