Turbo S Fog Lights Question - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Styling > Paint and Body

Paint and Body The place to discuss paint and body related problems, modifications and custom ideas pertaining to the New Beetle.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 06:45 PM

Car: 2002 New Beetle Turbo S
Default Turbo S Fog Lights Question

I recently had my front bumper fixed and repainted; however, the shop couldn't get my old fog lights to bolt on 100% and one of them has come off and completely hanging there. (These fog lights had been hanging partially since I got the car, but never came completely loose.) From what I was told, the inside of the bumper was cracked, which prevent them from bolting the fog lights into place. The only way to fix it is to replace the entire bumper. (Really?!)

My question is how the fog lights are bolted on. I thought they are bolted on to the center grill (or lower panel?) instead of the bumper.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 11:17 PM
All this & I can cook too

Car: 2002 Turbo S

On a Turbo S the fog lights are mounted from the top / back of the fog light housing. If you are standing in front of the car looking at the fog lights, the mounting points are above the lights and kinda behind them a little.
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1990 Mustang LX 5.0 Foxbody - 434,000 miles
Old 02-18-2013, 12:53 AM

Thanks for the explanation. I guess my question is how the whole fog light assembly, including the housing and mounts in the back you mentioned, mounted on to the bumper.

Thanks.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:52 PM

With no luck of finding used fog lights for my TS at local junk yards and not wanting to spend $300 on the new set, I decided to try the zip tie method I found on this forum to fix up my falling fog lights. After $1.59 and 10 minutes of "hard" work, I got my fog lights mounted back (more like tied up) to where they should be and it worked perfectly!
Attached Images/Files

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.