2012 Tail Of The Dragon Cruise/ Weekend - Page 30 - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Community > Event Announcements and Planning > Tail of the Dragon

Tail of the Dragon Come tame the dragon with the New Beetle.org and help make it a great annual event!! As this is a multi-region event please put all posts here.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 06:19 AM
Everett Street in May

Car: '01 NB TechnoBlue 1.8T GLX - Pepe Jr,

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabY2k View Post
Hey Fuzzy, [snip]

First time bump on my android phone- no doubt that Rob is proud of me :

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.Com Free
My oh my Al. Wow this AND a FB message comment. All I know is that the world is going to end now in 2012.

Al's recent action just prove it once and for all ;-)

Love u mang!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Previously Owned Vdubs: '83 Blk GTI (Da' Bomb - moon-roof, ball shift knob, crazy striped interior), '87 Vanagon (Weekender - Brown), '90 Vanagon (Weekender - White, alloys, - one style'n refrigerator on wheels), '08 Graphite Blue Passat LUX.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 11:37 AM
TOD7- 5,1-3 Let It Ride!

Car: Cup- y2k Blk nB GLS 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoTrix'd View Post
My oh my Al. Wow this AND a FB message comment. All I know is that the world is going to end now in 2012.

Al's recent action just prove it once and for all ;-)

Love u mang!!
Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Much love to ya brother

Sorry that I was the catalyst to the 2012 doomsday happening
Old 12-28-2011, 11:39 AM
TOD7- 5,1-3 Let It Ride!

The 4th Annual

Tail Of The Dragon

Cruise/Weekend GtG Thread

This first post will be continually edited for additional information.

We have 8 months to plan, save and mod, until we make another joyous excursion to the beautiful North Carolina Mountains.

2012 Tail of the Dragon Information Summary.

Date of the event: Friday, May 4th- Sunday, May 6th, 2012

As in previous ToD's the Ridge Top is the main gathering spot. Overflow or for those that the "Top's" accomodations aren't up to their standards, options are listed as well.

Accomodations in Bryson City:

Ridge Top Motel- T.O.D. home base/ main gathering spot
390 Arlington Avenue
Bryson City, NC 28713-7604
(828) 488-6363 or
(828) 488-6335
RV campground and motel. Bryson City, NC

Yes, The Top has a CAMPGROUND TOO.
29.00 a night for 2 people. Pets 2.00 extra. Fellow Orger Fuzzy, has a thread for the camping coordinating. CLICK HERE

Sleep Inn
500 Veterans Boulevard
Bryson City, NC 28713
(828) 488-0326
Bryson City NC Hotel, Hotels in Bryson City NC.

Microtel
82 Songbird Forest Road
Bryson City, NC 28713
(828) 488-7900
Microtel: Online hotel reservations, hotel discounts, hotel packages

Please PM orger Gene/2004NBTURBOS your attendance/booking info, so we can have a comprehensive list
example...
Org Screen name/your names/beetle's name(if applicable) and type of nB/hotel your booked at/city you're from, e.g.,
ScarabY2K....Al&Val...Cup...2000GLX...Ridgetop...J acksonville Fla
2004TurboS...Gene&Lorraine...Floyd...03.5 TS..Ridgetop...De

CLICK HERE FOR GENE'S PM PAGE

Additional area info:

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC
Smoky Mountain Travel Guides - Bryson City NC - Vacation Guides

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

As in years past there will be current year ToD Swag available for pre event purchase. Watch for details in the Org "Classifieds" section.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________

This is a new beetle event, with a big welcome to the 2012 beetle.

HOWEVER, former new beetle owners, owning a VW are welcome to attend run the dragon, and enjoy the weekend with us. Keep in mind that the beetles will caravan together, and non-beetles will caravan in like manner.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Rough itinerary: using last year as a guide- Gary will make any necessary corrections

Friday- the beetles arrive in Bryson City, begining early/mid afternoon until evening. Photo ops / meet and greet / motel check-in. Maybe some are checking in a day earlier...you never know.
6:00PM, gather at the "Top" for an informal meet.

7:00PM begins "pizza fest". After dinner more "getting to know each other" time. The pizza fest will be at the Top, with pies provided by, Anthony's Italian Restaurant downtown.

Saturday: early a.m breakfast at Jimmy Mac's / gas-up / car wash in preparation for taming the Dragon. We depart from the Jimmy Mac's @ 9:00AM sharp. Those who are opting out of another run(s), can peruse the Deals Gap shops, where the 2+ Dragon runners will catch up.

Saturday night: Dinner at the "neon pig", followed by lots of Dragon tales at the "honeycomb hideout"- the loft of the Ridge Top, and the other hotel's hideaway i'm sure.

Sunday: Departure breakfast at Jimmy Mac's followed by one of two options:
-Option #1 Departing ToD to your respective homes or..
-Option #2 Six Chuter Sunday. We've officially added Sunday as an option for those desiring to hang around one more day.

SCS, is a casual day, with no itinerary; just a day to wind down, relax and reflect on the great weekend. No pressure or plans, just go out and enjoy Bryson City. Some might run the Dragon; some will just stay in Bryson City or explore other places; some might find a little group to piddle around with. Whatever the case, this is a no-pressure, casual day to do as you will.

We will be driving the the original tour loop, as we did in the '09 Maiden Voyage. there will still be time for those that want to make multiple runs while others shop at Deals Gap.

This post will be bumped throughout the thread and amended as new information warrants. Bumps will also include FAQ, ascertained throughout the past few years of ToD, as well as other neat facts about ToD and the Bryson City Carolina reigon.

So start planning, saving, modding and join us for a great adventure and meet some of the nicest people on earth.

Is it May yet????
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________
Here is the official art for ToD 2012- the year of the dragon on the Chinese calendar, hence the Asian flair

Last edited by scarabY2k; 01-14-2012 at 06:26 AM..
Old 12-28-2011, 11:40 AM
TOD7- 5,1-3 Let It Ride!

Tail Of the Dragon (T.O.D.) Generally Asked Questions- GAQ

please note that these are general questions, that cover pertinent information necessary, to make your T.O.D. experience (from thread to the actual event) a better one. More info can be ascertained via assorted threads in the Tail of the Dragon heading of the events and planning section.

1. What is T.O.D.?

T.O.D. is short for Tail of the Dragon, which is an 11 mile stretch of road, US 129, located on the North Carolina/Tennessee border. The “Dragon’s” claim to fame is its 318 curves in the 11 mile stretch. T.O.D. is a road of world renown, driven by auto enthusiasts of every ilk, as well as an area of movie fame: a portion of “The Fugitive”, starring Harrison Ford was filmed in this area.

2 .How long has there been a new beetle T.O.D. GtG?

The first new beetle ToD GTG (maiden voyage) was held in May of 2009.

3. When is T.O.D Held?

T.O.D. is a yearly event, held on the first Saturday in May.

4. How long is T.O.D.?

T.O.D. is a 3 day event.
Day 1- arrival/check in, followed by our meet and greet dinner, known as Pizza Fest.
Day 2- breakfast, followed by the driving the Cherohala Skyway; then making our way to The Dragon. Dinner is held at the BBQ Wagon; fondly know to us as The Neon Pig.
Day 3- farewell breakfast; followed by either departing, each to there respective cities, or staying for SixChuter Sunday. SixChuter Sunday is basically a day of leisure to do as you wish. It’s been found to be a great way to finish up the T.O.D. weekend; to reflect and casually enjoy the company of our beetle friends.

5. Do I have to attend all 3 days of T.O.D.?

No. You can attend one or the entire 3-day event of T.O.D., but we do recommend making all 3, especially day #2, where we ride The Dragon.

6. Is the T.O.D. date subject to change?
T.O.D. will always be a 3-day event, beginning on the first Saturday of May.

7. Is T.O.D. a new beetle-only event?
T.O.D. is a new beetle-only event HOWEVER the term “new beetle” has been somewhat broadened with the arrival of the 2012 Beetle. So T.O.D. encompasses both New Beetle and the next-gen Beetle.

8. Do I have to have a custom beetle to attend?

No. T.O.D. is for all new beetles; from bone stock, to works in progress, to full custom; all beetles are welcome.

9. Are there any exceptions for bringing non-beetle vehicles to T.O.D.?
Yes there is an exception: honorary beetle status. Honorary beetle status, is achieved via the following…
a) The vehicle is owned by a former new beetle owner; preferably a VW

10. If I qualify for honorary beetle status, can my non-beetle participate in the T.O.D. run?
Yes. HOWEVER, please bear in mind that this is a new beetle event. All non-beetles will be asked to caravan with other honorary beetles Inon-beetles), to retain continuity of the beetle caravan.

11. Why is T.O.D a beetle-only event?

The New Beetle T.O.D. cruise weekend, is a beetle-only event to promote unity within the new beetle community. It has been observed over the nB’s 12-year run, that the nB has to some degree, the odd kid out in the VW/car show/GtG scene. Although the nB has been in many a car show, the turnouts have been few. Furthermore, many nB owners albeit passionate of their cars, aren’t fully aware of new beetles appearances in meets and GtG’s, such as T.O.D. Our nB’s are few in the car show landscape; hence the need for our own event; to bring community, enthusiasm and exposure to the new beetle brand.
Apart from the driving experience of The Dragon; a few of the objectives of T.O.D., is to bolster the collective of new beetle owners across the country; to provide an arena, where other new beetle discover the scale of new beetle enthusiasm. It is our endeavor to provide a place of beetle acceptance, in a car show/media arena, that often times don’t.

12. Is T.O.D a safe driving experience?
U.S. 129, the Dragon, is a state governed highway, patrolled by the state patrols of North Carolina and Tennessee. Both state patrols enforce the speed limit of 30 M.P.H., as well as issuing citations for crossing the center yellow line.
Our event adheres to all state speed limit laws and all legal driving practices. We want the T.O.D. driving experience to be a fun and safe experience for all, with no hurt, harm or danger to driver, passenger or beetle.

13. Is the driving experience of our T.O.D. GtG catered to various driving skills?
Yes. Although T.O.D. is a U.S. highway of an extraordinary nature, we realize that not all drivers are of the same drive skills or driving passion/intensity, and will drive/approach U.S. 129 differently.
The 2012 edition of the T.O.D. GtG introduces 2 driving classes/caravans:
1) Sport Class- this class is for those who desire to drive T.O.D. at a safe, but more spirited driving speed.
2) Leisure Class- this class is for those who desire to drive T.O.D. at a less spirited approach. The leisure class is ideal for newer drivers, as well as those who might feel intimidated by a 318 curve, 11 mile run in the mountains.
Although we have 2 driving classes, both caravans will be close enough to retain continuity of the beetle caravan, as well as remaining in FRS radio communication range.
The honorary beetle class (non-beetles) will drive in separate formation from the beetle caravan, yet will be together with the beetle caravan/driving classes, so that all can enjoy the T.O.D experience.
Due to the nature of the 2-lane roads, and the extreme length of our caravans, we will not pull over to allow others to pass; this is to assure the safety of all beetles and their passengers. We desire to be courteous to cyclists, but beetles are vehicles too and must adhere to the laws of the road; our safety cannot be jeopardized.

14. Is it necessary to subscribe & post in the T.O.D thread?
The T.O.D. thread is a living thread; meaning new info is added at a frequent basis. We feel that it is necessary to subscribe and post to the T.O.D. thread. Being that this is a non-registration event, there’s information that the organizing group needs from all who attend, so that their planning can be executed in an efficient manner and aiding in making T.O.D. successful. Prior to the event, there is also necessary information for the T.O.D attendee to be privy to; this is to assure that the attendee can take full advantage of all things available at T.O.D.

15. Why is the T.O.D thread started almost a year in advance?
We feel that advance planning is the key to a successful T.O.D. Many elements of T.O.D. are planned in advance i.e., hotel booking, swag orders, meal reservations, hospitality, nametags and much more. Initiating these elements in advance, allows the organizers to get their plans executed in a more efficient fashion. This is important because many who attend T.O.D are from various parts of the country- the extra time of an early posted thread allows all elements to be corralled more orderly.
Moreover, an early posted thread, allows the attendee to schedule time off with their employer, as well as working the 3-day event in their life schedule.

16. Why do you bump the thread?

The T.O.D. thread, like other forum threads are bumped, so the thread will be on the top of the thread list/rotation. This is in hopes of new orgers to discover the event and subsequent attendance, as well as keeping the event and the date to the forefront of the attendee, as well as keeping them privy to all pertinent info.

17. Is it necessary for me to bump the thread?

No. It is our desire for you to bump the thread, but you’re not obligated. The T.O.D. core group and thread starter will usually bump the thread.

However, we do suggest that you make an effort to bump; that way you assure yourself of being up to date and in the know of all things T.O.D.

18. What can I contribute when I bump the thread?

If you desire to bump the thread, we suggest adding comments to encourage orgers to join the GtG, as well as promoting the event with exciting dialogue; personal experiences & memories of past T.O.D’s are a plus. T.O.D. thread bumps will be further enhanced, with interesting facts about T.O.D, the Cherohala Skyway, and the Bryson City NC region, as well as any media concerning our event. This will bring more informative content to the thread bumps.

19. As a T.O.D attendee, is there anything required of me?
We ask that all attendees:
1) Subscribe to the T.O.D. thread
2) Check in to the T.O.D. thread periodically- frequently as we approach January.
3) Fulfill any financial obligations i.e. swag, food deposits, RSVP’s
4) Take advantage of any advance bookings available for T.O.D.
5) Invite a fellow beetle owner to T.O.D. as well as joining in on the T.O.D. thread.
6) Bring an FRS Radio- they're usually sold in pairs. Communication is a key factor in our T.O.D travels; cell phone signals are sketchy to nil in the mountains. Purchase an FRS radio based on functionality and not style; style usually equates to poor signal & functionality in the world of FRS radios.
- there's other supplies and incidentals that make your T.O.D. experience convenient and enjoyable. Please check out the T.O.D supply and checklist threads, usually posted in the T.O.D. section of the "events and planning: Tail of the Dragon" section of the forums.
7) Please PM orger Gene/2004NBTURBOS your attendance info, so we can have a comprehensive list- example...
ScarabY2K....Al&Val...Cup...2000GLX...Ridgetop...J acksonville Fla
2004TurboS...Gene&Lorraine...Floyd...03.5 TS..Ridgetop...De

CLICK HERE FOR GENE'S PM PAGE

20. Can I contribute my ideas, gifts and talents to T.O.D.?

Yes. T.O.D is for orgers, by orgers. We will endeavor to incorporate the ideas, gifts and talents of those who submit them to us; provided that they are conducive to the vision of T.O.D. and the new beetle experience.

To keep all informed, these questions will be bumped along the life of this thread.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Peace Love & T.o.D.

Car: 1st 2000 GLX now 03.5 TS

merry christmas my t.o.d. Peeps looks like we are at 30 cars.

t.o.d. 2012 attendee list

screen name....................people attending............................car name/year&model............................where your staying.................................where your from.

#1 scaraby2k................Al & Val..........................................Cup.. ...black y2k glx......................................Ridgetop. ......................................Jacksonville , Fl

#2 2004turbos.................Gene & Lorraine................................Floyd..... .pg 03.5 ts..................................Ridgetop...... ..................................Oceanview, De

#3 steve_pnchbug..............Steve & Shawntina..........................Pasqual....blac k 2009gti.............................Ridgetop...... ................................Lebanon, Va

#4 warren.....................Warren Jones...............................Ikiane techno blue glx.....................................Ridgetop.. ...............................Yorktown, Va

#5 opelmania...............Joel & ??.....................................Gayle.... Red 98..2.0 ......................................Ridgetop.... ...............................Woodstock, il

#6 mybugrocks..............Casey............................... ..Fionna.....cg... 04gl 2.0......................................Ridgetop. ..................................Fort Atkinson, wi

#7 huck731....................Scott......................... ...............Bridgett..blk.. 99gl 2.0......................................Ridgetop. ............................Fort Atkinson, Wi

#8 bugshop..............Wendy,Daniel&Timmy.................. .2001 gls 1.8 turbo........................................Ridge top.............................Anderson , Sc

#9 hwdyouslpatnite.....Tamikia,Steve,and 2 mini-me's...............Hj. White99....................................Ridgeto p..............................Dacula, Ga

#10 michelleroze..............Michelle............................ .........Probie....02 t.d.i. W/5spd....................................Ridgetop.. .....................Auburn, Ga

#11 chuckie..................Chuck&Teresa.................... ...Derstuka...silver 02 t.d.i......................................Ridgeto p.......................Jacksonville , Fl

#12 miffmole.................Kenny&Janet...................."0 4 nbc 1.8 turbo gls.......................................Ridgetop ..............................South Carolina

#13 germangirl1966...............Barbara.............. ...............Daisy Limone,99 black gls..............................tbd.............. ................Oak Ridge, Tn

#14 the new ringo&snoopy....Marc & Kerri &kids.....02 ts..Jyd.&.03 ts Peppy Pepper.&.02 ts.sterling............Ridgetop..........St.Charle s Mo

#15 indytom.............................Tom........... ...................... 2000 yellow........... 1.8 turbo.........................tbd................. ..................Indianapolis In

#16 vern.........................Vernon............... ................ Grayc.....2012.. Dsg gti...............................Sleep inn...................................Jacksonville Fla

#17 moncier......................Sam & Melody.............................black 04 1.8 turbo........... ...............................tbd................ ....................Holt Summit Mo

#18 evilinadm101.................Shonnel&Joey............................Evilina blk/pink "99 gls 2.0...................Ridgetop.................... .....Orlando Fla

#19 cooky...........................Fuzzy............. .............................Hoss "99 cg 2.0.....................................home?..... ..........................Loudon Tn

#20 vdubyah.....................David & Luann....................................red "08 se 2.5................................tbd............ .............................Orlando fl

#21 silla103.....................Priscilla & Ann...............................George "06 nbc.....................................cabin..... ...............................Tampa fl

#22 technotrix'd.............David & Christie.................Pepe jr "01 techno blue 1.8 turbo.....................Ridgetop................ ...............Brookhaven pa

#23 tennesseebug.......Leslie,Bobby,Blake&Brent....... .....Jolene 2010 finale edition#1415....................Ridgetop.......... .............Knoxville Tn

#24 red dragon..........Adam & Cara.............................................. Reddragon "01 t.d.i...........................w/ friends..........................Millbrook Il

#25 oh randi.................Randi....................... .......................George."01 glx 1.8turbo...................Ridgetop?/tbd............................Tulsa Ok

#26 D2Beetle...........Frank & Anne Marie....................HiLighter "99 GLS Isotope Green..............................Sleep Inn........................Springfield Tn

#27 bugsfriend..........Tom & Lisa Arnell....................Herbie "03 1.8T & Harvey "06 NBC................................... Ridgetop....................Eureka Springs Ar
shoot me a p.m. If you want to be added to the list.

Last edited by 2004NBTURBOS; 01-10-2012 at 11:07 PM..
Old 12-28-2011, 10:44 PM
TOD7- 5,1-3 Let It Ride!

Here's an awesome BUMP/Pmub...

I heard from Maiden Voyager, Sully today albeit a PM. Just a brief hello and Christmas wish. He did inquire about ToD. I'm hoping He'll chime in. It would be great to have him back with us in '12. Sully is down right, awesome, good people.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:53 PM
The dragon is watching U

Car: 05 GLI

Animoto - Dragon Crashes
Old 12-28-2011, 10:56 PM
TOD7- 5,1-3 Let It Ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilky View Post
And there He is... The man with the plan. What's up Bro Ham

Pretty sweet vid/slide show BTW.

Last edited by scarabY2k; 12-28-2011 at 11:02 PM..
Old 12-29-2011, 02:22 AM
The dragon is watching U

Car: 05 GLI

Quote:
And there He is... The man with the plan. What's up Bro Ham

Pretty sweet vid/slide show BTW.
Not much, just lurking... gotta come up with some O2 sensors and find where Herbies sucking where he shouldn't be....before febuary..and some bulbs for the ins cluster.... Why the hell did we move to a county with emissions bull****?

You see the scooby on it's lid?
Old 12-29-2011, 06:00 PM
This chick drives a stick

Car: 2002 Reflex Silver TDI w/ 5 spd swap! (PAID OFF 3/14/14)

Quote:
Here's an awesome BUMP/Pmub...

I heard from Maiden Voyager, Sully today albeit a PM. Just a brief hello and Christmas wish. He did inquire about ToD. I'm hoping He'll chime in. It would be great to have him back with us in '12. Sully is down right, awesome, good people.
That would be really awesome. I miss Sully! Here's hoping he does chime in and make it this year!!

"Probie"

smvwparts.com
Old 12-29-2011, 10:42 PM
TOD7- 5,1-3 Let It Ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleRoze View Post
That would be really awesome. I miss Sully! Here's hoping he does chime in and make it this year!!
I miss Him too, as well as Patrice. She and Val kinda started the whole "beetle widow" thing. I too hope that He'll not only chime in, but be a part of ToD this year.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:06 AM
Peace Love & T.o.D.

Car: 1st 2000 GLX now 03.5 TS

I'm always lookin to add some names to the list.

Peace. Love. & T.o.D. 2012

T.o.D. information http://newbeetle.org/forums/tail-dra...-d-thread.html
Old 12-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Dubbed Spiderman

Car: 98 2.0 5 Speed

Last Friday morning pmuB of the year!
Old 12-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Every one calls me Fuzzy

Car: 2002 Golf TDI

well me and danielle and i made it home safe. thanks to al for the short notice g2g. cant wait till may
Old 12-31-2011, 05:19 PM
TOD7- 5,1-3 Let It Ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooky View Post
well me and danielle and i made it home safe. thanks to al for the short notice g2g. cant wait till may
It was a good time Fuzzy! Good food, and good laughs too. Chuckie will keep you laughing won't He

C'mon May, c'mon!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:06 AM
OG Black and Pink

Car: 99' Black 2.0 GLS Evilina also known as My Lil' Black Rain Cloud :)
Talking

A message from Evilina....
Attached Images/Files

Old 01-01-2012, 01:47 AM

Car: 2012 Tornado Red VW Beetle Tsi

WOW, that is one HOT Beetle and one GREAT Picture!

Happy New Year to Everyone as well! Only a little over 4 months until T. O. D.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:07 AM
Member Sponsor

Car: 2003 CC GLX 1.8, 2008 SE

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Welcome to the Year of the Dragon

TOD is 124 days away.

Keep plugging away on the mods and saving for TOD
It will be here before you know it

Heres wishing you all the best for 2012
Old 01-02-2012, 01:45 AM
TOD7- 5,1-3 Let It Ride!

Okay gang, it's game time....2012 is here!

Happy New Year

With the new year, brings the increase of preparation intensity. As David has stated, only 124 days away... that's nothing by ToD standards.

So i'm asking those of you who planned the bugavans/carabugs/carabugavans last year, to start your threads. So far we have..

The FL carabugavan thread and the Northeast carabugavan. Joel/Opelmaina will be planning the Midwest carabugavan with IndyTom this week. There's many spurs to each of these caravans, so chime in on the threads of your respective area.

Please

As you all know, ToD's success is due to our advance planning. this helps us make plans with our jobs, famlies, etc. Making travel plans is also key. A caravan of beetles is an experience like none other and a can't-miss event. Beetles rolling out, camera's snapping, FRS radios chatting.... ahhhh, it's beetle nirvana!

If you're not sure if there's a caravan in your area, please ask us- you just might be the one planning it; even if it's a carabugavan of one.

Game on!

Is it May yet???
Old 01-02-2012, 05:19 AM

Car: 2012 Tornado Red VW Beetle Tsi

Hey Al, why wait? Let's just leave first thing in the morning. We will build the 2012 New Beetle Village in Bryson and plan all the events and activities like the first annual Beelte bounce and Raft race. Then there is the New Beetle Yodel Contest and Beetle Pancake eating contest. (No worries, no beetle's were harmed in making of these Pancakes ) Then there is the Water Balloon Toss around the Authentic Deutscher Maybaum. Warning, Some Orgers will get WET. And lets not forget the Freekin' Tootin' Your own horn contest.

Many more exciting surprises await those who dare to attend the 2012 T.O.D. So don't miss out! Put it on your calendar right now!
Al and I will be waiting there for you! I wonder if it's snowy in North Carolina this time of year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.