VW Beetle Forum banner

Is there a clutch adjustment?

22K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KansasDiesel 
#1 ·
I know these are hydralic clutches. But, I just got our 2nd NB TDI and I barely lift my foot off the floor and it's engaged. Much different then my wifes Beetle. I search the Manual and not sure why I can't find anything on any adjustment for that. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

#2 ·
I don't think there is any adjustment, if there is it would be at the slave cylinder, but I'm 99% sure there isn't, my clutch engages quite low to the floor, and I think most do, you might try bleeding your clutch? Its pretty easy, the fluid is in the same reservoir as the brake fluid (DOT4) and you'll need to remove the airbox to get to the bleed screw, after that, just bleed it like you would your brakes!

Good luck,
Matt

#3 ·
There is not an adjustment for the clutch. I have a stage II clutch kit and the pedal feels the same as stock other than mine engages a hair sooner due the the stronger pressure plate.

As pfeifervw stated you may try bleeding the slave cylinder and see if it helps.

#4 ·
I was at a TDI GTG yesterday, and talked to a couple people there, they said the same almost right off the floor it's engaged. I guess my wifes beetle is the oddball.

I will go ahead and bleed the system and see if it gets better, I also get a little shutter when I take off from first gear as well. If that duel mass pressure plate is cracked how will the clutch act?? Not that I'm looking for an excuse to install the VR6 clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.