Mounting used Mille Miglia wheels - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > Wheels and Tires

Wheels and Tires Sponsored by:

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 04:30 PM
New Beetle Noob

Car: 2001 New Beetle
Default Mounting used Mille Miglia wheels

I got some wheels with snow tires off craigslist for my girlfriend's 2001 2.0 Beetle. They're the stock size, and seem to be close to the stock offset; they might stick out just a little further than stock. Based on Google Image searches, I think they're Mille Miglia Spyder Pluses or Spyder Sports. They came off an Audi TT.

Anyway, I mounted one, and it seemed fine; it was flat against the hub and I couldn't sense any freeplay in any dimension. I was wondering, though: Does anyone know if they need a hub centering ring, or different lug bolts than stock? I called Tire Rack, knowing that they used to carry Mille Miglia, but they said they no longer have any information about that brand.

--
Thanks!
Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Member Sponsor

Car: 2005 GLS TDI

When I ordered my wheels (different than yours), the hubcentric rings were on back order. I installed the wheels and I noted that there was some play between the hub & wheel opening. They sat flush against the rotor, and the domed lug nuts helped center them, but I had a tiny bit of vibration at around 60mph. After the rings came in & I installed them there was no longer any play between the hub & wheel opening and the vibration went away. The sizes vary depending on what wheel you have. Hopefully someone on here has those same ones and can tell you what size you need to order.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:07 AM
New Beetle Noob

Thanks, Omaha! I'll have to bring down my calipers and measure the hub OD and wheel ID.

No one thinks this will need lug bolts with a different head angle?
Old 11-10-2012, 12:28 AM
New Beetle Noob

Grumble. I can't fit my calipers inside the rim. I should've seen that coming. Where the heck are our rulers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
centering ring , lug bolt , mille miglia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.