#1 · (Edited)
Well time for a new photo thread. Here's Elwood......again.:p

Year- 1999
Make- Volkswagen
Model- New Beetle
Color- Batik Blue Pearl Effect
Engine- 2.0L
Engine Modifications- K&N air filter
Exhaust Modifications- Magnaflow stainless steel cat back. Fully Polished, 3 inch dual tips.
Suspension Modifications- VW/Eibach Pro kit
Wheels and Tires- 16x7 Votex Raves, Blue n’ White center caps and valve stem caps with Cooper Dominator Touring tires. Soon to be TSW Trophy wheels.
Brakes- Stock (for now), silver painted calipers.
Exterior/Body Modifications/Additions- Freedom Design rear spoiler, OEM Clear European lenses, Blue n’ White enamel emblems, Billet antenna, VW splash guards, Bugstuff foglight grilles, diabled DRLs, 2001 Sport badge, OEM rear fog light, polished NewBeetle license plate frame, custom NewBeetle door graphics.
Interior Modifications/Additions- European headlight switch, custom Blues Brothers gauge face, custom painted dash kit(silver to match steering wheel spokes), leather shift knob, ABD billet vase, billet door lock pins, 2001-On sunglasses holder, TurboS aluminum dead pedal and pedals,Saratoga saddle bags, Gorillia Gear trunk liner, leather door grab handle covers, leather dash handle cover, Monster mats, embroidered show mats.
Audio/Video/I.C.E. Billet antenna, XM Satellite Radio, Apple iPod hookups, 6 Disc CD changer.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
even more pics:)

Attachments

#3 ·
Here's my new Magnaflow exhaust system:bubb:. I'll have more updates, including install pictures in the next week or so.

Attachments

#6 ·
1.8tbluebug1984 said:
Very nice;) clove the garage hehe so cool yea my family is full of bugs.QUOTE]

Believe me, that's not the only 2 we have. I've also got Herbie, and 2 other Old Beetles. We're a true VW loving family :banana: 5 VWs, a caddy, and a benz.

#8 ·
I'm looking for those pedals for ages....

I see you also have bags on the back in the trunk ! Looks nice !

#9 ·
The saddle bags are awesome. I bought them from Mid America about 3 years ago. I was originally going to keep my 2 voume owners manual in there, but with both in there it would have been too heavy. So I just keep misc. stuff in there now. The pedals are from the driver gear catalog. I ordered them at the dealer I used to work at, along with the Turbo S dead pedal.

#10 ·
Herbie3Rivers said:
The saddle bags are awesome. I bought them from Mid America about 3 years ago. I was originally going to keep my 2 voume owners manual in there, but with both in there it would have been too heavy. So I just keep misc. stuff in there now. The pedals are from the driver gear catalog. I ordered them at the dealer I used to work at, along with the Turbo S dead pedal.
Do you know if they are still available? And where?

They look super handy, and a nice way to get all kinds of stuff out of the car, and into the bags.

#12 ·
BeetleJuice said:
Do you know if they are still available? And where?

They look super handy, and a nice way to get all kinds of stuff out of the car, and into the bags.
I got mine from Mid America Motorworks. Not sure if they still have them or not. Another place to try is TVA accessories.

#14 ·
Tara'sSunflower05 said:
Where ever did you get the trunk storage bags on the lid??? ive attached a pic so u know what im talking about...

I got them from Mid America Motorworks. TVA also carries them.

#16 · (Edited)
As promised, here's the pics of Elwood's Magnaflow ehaust which went on today. Man does it sound awesome! A BIG thanks goes to my buds Josh and Brett Kerlek from Dreamwerks Tuning for helping out with the install, and also to my bud Ben Prickett from Magnaflow for hooking me up with the exhaust. :banana:

Attachments

#19 ·
slugbug123 said:
where did you get the ipod holder?
Found it at BestBuy. It's made by Griffin. It's made of foam rubber and is similar to the holdphone that VW sells. This one you can flip around and it holds both regular iPods and minis, and even has notches in both sides for charging cords. I think it was only like $10. :cool:

#20 ·
I finally got around to painting and installing my dash kit. I bought it off the old .org and it was originally yellow. I went to walmart a couple nights ago to get some cleaning stuff for the show this weekend and I figured I might as well get the paint and clear coat for this project. It's funny, the silver I picked is almost dead on for VWs interior silver which is a big plus in adding to the factory look I wanted. I also painted the door handle scratch guards I picked up at Mid America's FunFest back in June for the bank breaking price of $2.

Attachments

#22 ·
The install was fairly easy. It took us about an hour and a half like that. The magnaflow system is nice cause it goes together easily and uses all the stock hangers. The only recomendation I can make is to pick up a new exhaust flange which connects the catalytic converter to the mid muffler. It makes everything go alot smoother when re assembling. I love the sound, not too loud, nice and throaty(I'll take a video clip of it to post). My only complaint :rant2: was that inside the car it was really loud around 2500-3200 rpm when accelerating, going up hill, what have you. But since I've been driving around with it on, it's been going away. I gave it up to be the exhaust just setting in. I did notice a nice little boost in power as soon as it was on. Makes all the difference in passing on the highway and going up hill:goodjob:. If I remember correctly, magnaflow said it adds 8hp. Otherwise, It's been on a week and I love it more and more each day.

#25 ·
I love it so much now that it's finally getting broken in. I was sitting at a light today after I left the Oktoberfest show, and these kids were sitting next to me, and for the first time in awhile, the one leaned out the window and asked me a bunch of questions about Elwood, motor, suspension, exhaust etc. I could tell Elwood caught his eye cause of how clean he was, and the exhaust sound. :D

#26 ·
Here's a couple pics of Elwood at the Oktoberfest show yesterday. The first pic was taken by Pete aka Pdoel:toast: , and the 2nd by me. My pic goes to show just how reflective 4 coats of wax can be. :hitit:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.