VW Beetle Forum banner

Chino- scarabY2k's 2013 Beetle

30K views 223 replies 26 participants last post by  scarabY2k 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
After 15 years of owning a New Beetle, I am now the proud owner of a Toffee Brown 2013 Beetle 2.5. WOW!!

Her name is Chino, short for Mochaccino. I picked Her up on Friday, July 24th- Three days ago at the time of this post. Cup, my 2000 beetle (still have her)has too many fixes to remain a daily. Chino is now the girl, while Cup gets restored.

I've driven a rental Beetle a few years back and loved it. However, I don't recall them having so much spunk. Shes an automatic, and she really launches and finds her happy place in 2nd.

There's plenty time for jibba jabba later. Right now here's pics of Chino's first photo shoot.

Here's Chino, off lot and on the way home. Wanted to snap a few quick pics to share with my friends :D

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
==========CHINO'S FIRST PHOTOSHOOT==========
These pics were taken near the Acosta Bridge underpass, at the River City Brewing Co. and the Museum of Science and History, Jacksonville, FL

Attachments

#5 ·
I took pics of Cup at the following building. I never got back to shoot the rest of the building. Guess it was meant to be that Chino take over and pose for the rest :p

Attachments

#6 ·
Chino's premier photoshoot ends with puddle pics. Love me some puddle pics :D

Attachments

#13 ·
nice bug you got there can't wait to see more of chino. And by the way in a about a year or so I will be joining the 2012+ beetle club myself and my next Bug will be called the black swag short for Volkswagen and it will be black as my current one I recently made the decision just this past week that I will make that transition as well. Any plans with Chino?

#14 ·
Woohoo! So happy to see you in a new Beetle, yet still have 'Cup! :party:

I hope to have a new Beetle someday, too!!

#19 ·
Toffee Brown is such a cool color on a Beetle. You don't see very many of them. It's awesome that you now have 2 Beetles!:)
Yep, Cup is still around. I need time to decompress from being constantly under the hood, at AutoZone getting her codes read, and occupying a great deal of my time. She's a 15 year old car, so it's all good...I ain't mad at her:heart:

Debbie, Chino came to me at the perfect time. My budget is incredibly tight, and I couldn't splurge and get a '15 or a 2.0t beetle. Chino was a reasonably priced beetle: 33.7k miles for $12,988, plus I got an extended warranty. Chino was perfection for my situation; a dependable, affordable beetle.

I know you'll get a Beetle soon, Debbie. You of all people deserve one dear :)

#25 · (Edited)
Thank ya! Pretty stoked still!

So....the list of mods eh? Well,i'm not planning a ton of mods like I did on Cup.
Y'all stop laughing...i mean it :p
As far as the interior- i'm very pleased with the black interior- It really took the brown exterior over the top for me, so that's staying. Really dig the brown; thought I'd never stray away from the Black/green motif, which is still my favorite.

So for mods, the first thing on the list is a spoiler....must have a spoiler.
I'm also considering striping. I like the dual rally strips with the thin pin strip border. Not sure on the strip color yet. Might need a photoshop to get the right inspiriation.

To finish out the cosmetic mod list, will be wheels.

Performance wise, still not sure on this one. Don't wanna do anything crazy. Chino is my daily and i'm happy with the 2.5L and trans setup. If I did anything it mignt be a CAI. I'm still learning the ways of the 2.5, and don't know the ins and outs.

So that's about it for the moment. I'm sure something will come to mind as time marches on.

#17 ·
Fantastic!

Beautiful Beetle Al! I have always loved the chocolate Beetles! I would put a huge "M" on the side as I love brown M&Ms!

That's an awesome puddle you found!

Any chance of seeing her at the next B4B? Me thinks this Saturday is the first. I have to check

Where did she come from? How many miles on her?

Details man Details!

Chuckie

#20 · (Edited)
Beautiful Beetle Al! I have always loved the chocolate Beetles! I would put a huge "M" on the side as I love brown M&Ms!

That's an awesome puddle you found!

Any chance of seeing her at the next B4B? Me thinks this Saturday is the first. I have to check

Where did she come from? How many miles on her?

Details man Details!

Chuckie
The chocolate M&M is an awesome motif and idea...never thought of that :p.

Here's the Details:
Purchased: Friday 7/24
Dealership: AutoMatch USA- found em via Cars-dot-com.

Interesting fact: AutoMatch is owned by Camping World. Yes, the Camping World that sponsors the NASCAR circuit. Thier objective is to have an AutoMatch USA in the cities that have a Camping World dealership. Their inventory is very impressive. It's not a Beach Blvd. Automotive or a March Motors. I'd say they're comparable to CarMax or one of those dealerships close to a new car dealership

She was purchased with 33.7K on the clock.
*2.5L engine
*Auto trans
*your standard beetle accoutrements. The radio is bluetooth, with aux in and iPod in.
*Black interior, which really sold me with the toffee brown. Has this faux Carbon Fiber treatment- nice look:bigthumb:
*Heritage wheels with turbine covers
*There's a ding in the pass. side C-pillar and the roof(was in the CarFax). They must've lived on a Golf Course:pinch:. Anyway, that's probably why she sold for under 13,000. I have a buddy that can do the paintless dent removal on the dings and Chino will be golden :cool:

And that's the details.

As for Saturday, I'm not sure.
Our church has a tentatively scheduled activity to be held on the first Saturday of each month. I'll know Thursday if it's concrete or not. If it's concrete, sadly, my future attendance will be sparse.

#24 ·
Thanks mang:cool:
You know me...love my puddle pics:D. All the rain we've been having, was screaming for puddle pics. Chino came along just in time.

Chino's photo shoot was this past Saturday. I was gonna post them up later that day, but I've been busy. Being that the Org-a-palooza is officially under way, the timing of posting Her thread is perfect:D

#23 ·
Cool Beans!

Sounds like a great deal Al!

The 2.5 is a strong and bullet proof engine, and the Automatics are a lot better now. Sure everyone talks about how you have to have a standard, but this is 2015. If all the Formula 1 teams run automatic DSGs as well as Lamborghini and Bugatti it's good enough for me.

Sounds like research paid off. Just was hoping you didn't get it from "Peppermint Patty"!

Again, Congrats. I know you will love her for a long time.

Chuckie

#26 · (Edited)
So here's the wheel options i'm looking at.
I'd like to color match the spokes with Chinos paint, or paint/powdercoat them a dark brown. The wheel lip will remain polished/chrome.

My favorites are the best from 1-5. What say you all?

Attachments

#30 ·
Option one is my favorite. The black really pops against the brown. And I might be a little biased, but I love the look of black rims with chrome trim.
I'm leaning on 1 & 2 as well, hence them on top of the list.
And yes the black really makes it pop- just as it does with her interior. So whatever wheel I get, I must decide if I'm gonna leave em black or paint them dark brown. They're still a ways down the road, so I have plenty of time.

#41 ·
Hey those are awesome where did ya get em? :crazy:

I love the colored dash and door panels. I wish the Turbo had them rather than carbon fiber & black. Only thing I almost like more than the colored is the Fender dash. Now that is sweet! :goodjob:

Oh yeah nice shirt :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.