SMG: Y2K Cyber Green - 2.0T

122K views 616 replies 120 participants last post by  Splitspeed 
#1 · (Edited)
Stats:
Model: 2000 GLS, Cold Weather Package
Motor: 2.0L Supercharged
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Colour: Cyber Green
Interior: Black Cloth (Leather donor car located)
Mileage: 124,500kms / 77,360miles

Mods:
Exterior:
- OEM European Clearcorners
- OEM European Rear Foglight
- Red & Clear Taillights
- Custom 'BEETLE' badge
- 17" Audi Fat Fives w/ Bridgestone Potenzas
- 'VLKSWGN' custom number plate.
- "SUPRCHRGD" Front Europlate
- Valeo Ultimate Wiperblades
- Black Foglight Bar
- Koni / H&R Suspension - 1.5" drop.
- OEM-look Stubby Fuba Antenna

Interior:
- OEM Leather Wheeel
- Solid GTI Headrests (No Donuts)
- Euro Beetle V5 shift knob.
- Audi TT Pedals
- Turbo S Deadpedal
- Turbo S Budvase
- Turbo S Doorpins
- Turbo S Door Pulls

Performance:
- Neuspeed P-Flo
- Magnaflow 2.25 Catback Exhaust
- TT 260 Cam
- Neuspeed Supercharger

New Pics on Page 4!

Old Pics (2006):

See less See more
#424 ·
Really? 17 and your own business?? Impressive! What kind of work do you do? And how did you learn so much about cars if this is your first one? Raymond and my brother are drilling stuff in my head all the time..... The reason why i need a new cv axle is because my car is too low apparently... and teaching me what I need for an fmic and a big turbo upgrade is basically what were working on now. :) got any turbo and fmic tips to throw my way? ;)

#425 ·
Low cars do kill axles but just replace the CV with OEM parts rather than buying aftermarket axles. I've been through 6 aftermarket axles and I'm going back to OEM axles as soon as these two axles are done.

My tip for a FMIC on a Beetle is don't. Just go with an upgraded SMIC with a vented fender liner and save yourself the headaches. Watching your coolant temp climb so fast in traffic sucks. I see you have a stock bumper too which makes it even more complicated with all the cutting and trimming of everything.

I just love how a FMIC looks and I worked hard to get it to where it is but I don't think I'd do it all over again if I knew what a hassle it would be. :D

I found a pic of the new FMIC too that I snapped with my cell. I'll get some updated pics soon.

#426 ·
Kay so tip #1 get used to changing my axles. And oem ones last longer...

Tip #2. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I JUST DIED INSIDE? lol no seriously. I LOVE how fmics look on beetles. And I have a votex kit waiting for paint. Fmic wouldn't happen till after they're about to go on.

And I'm all for my car running smoothly. But why would the fmic not cool the car as much/if not more than an smic?
I always figured with the cooling aspect bigger is better?

#427 ·
Most cars have a lower and an upper grille though so a FMIC is no big deal but with a NB you're blocking the entire radiator so the cooling system can't do its job properly. It's not a big deal living in a smaller town with no traffic but if you live in a city forget it. I jumped the fans so I can run the large fan on high-speed to cool the car down if needed but I only need to do this every few days, usually just when I'm letting the car run down after a spirited drive. ;)

#439 ·
Why the turbo S bumper? for the signal lights?

Im not a fan of exposed intercoolers but good choice in going for the black look. I suppose you can also make a custom grill to cover it, it would just have to sit a little more out then normal

Id love to see someone do votex with oem headlight washer retrofit i think that would be plain nuts :D

#440 ·
Yeah I went for the TS bumper because I'm pretty sure I can run the front grille with it. I'm getting rid of all of the signal lights like I did with the Votex though. ;)

The Votex kit is alright but there's definitely a reason VW was selling it so cheap. The moulding was sloppy and the fitment kind of sucks. I'm hoping to go full Turbo S front and rear next year and maybe unload my spare Votex kit in the spring.

Headlight washers are a cool detail for sure and I love them on your car but I wouldn't spend that kind of money on it yet. There are bigger fish to fry for now. :D

#441 ·
So I have no self control when it comes to wheels. I usually wait till spring but since these are going to take so much effort to refinish I figured I'd make a project thread of it.

Picked up a set of 18x8 / 18x9 Super RS's. They've been my dream wheel for years and it was time to do something about it. Picked these up a month ago and I haven't had time to do much with them yet. They are used from Japan so the wheels have peeling clearcoat, minor dings and stratches, etc. Zero curbage though, and that's all that matters.

Here they are as they were tonight, completely untouched.

Disassembled the centercaps to strip and polish them. I just felt like doing something with them tonight since I haven't gotten my hands on the 12-point bits yet to split the wheels.

I have the hex caps all stripped now and ready to start sanding. My camera died so that's all the pics I have for now.

Here's how they should look come April if all goes well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.